Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

At this time next week I will be on my way to the airport headed to sunny and warm Mexico. This was to be our (Erik and my) annual trip down there using up the last of the free tickets I received from my previous job. Anyone reading this knows that now it's just me going, and there's no need to go into all that...let's just say I'm both excited and scared for my first solo vacation. I've traveled alone before, but I don't really count Belize since I have lived there. This will be my first true vacation on my own. A friend of mine (who I actually met because of Mexico and has her own wonderful blog which I'll never be able to come close to) has convinced me to take my laptop with me since I'll be solo and I figured "what the heck?" Ok, actually I thought, "really? take my laptop? I'm not so sure about that hassle." But...the more I thought about it, the more I think she's right- I'll have lots more time on my hands, and it will be nice to not always have to find an internet cafe to download photos and write home. That, and the minute I mentioned the idea to my mother I don't think I had the option to not take it...seeing as how my mother, bless her heart, can't come to terms with the fact that I'm a grown adult, and is still worried that I am traveling alone!

I make no guarantees that I'll post everyday (sorry mom)...I'm not even sure if I'll have internet everywhere I go...but whenever possible, I'll make every attempt to post a little something about my adventures and post pictures along the way.

I have no idea what to expect on this trip - other than my first few days, I'm not even sure where all I'm going! I'm sure I'll get lonely along the way and I'll miss Erik by my side sharing in the adventures, but at the same time I'm really excited to explore areas of the Yucatan I haven't before and, for the first time in over a year, truly relax and do nothing. Oh, that and escape the b horror flick which is unfolding in my neighborhood.

I'll be thinking of you all as I'm sipping my margarita on the beach, hoping you too will be able to get away and relax in your own paradise soon.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I guarantee you will not be posting everyday when you go on your trip. There will be too much to see and do. You will find your times to blog and that's just fine because this is YOUR time. Have many margaritas and cervezas, relax and explore the wonders of Mexico. We can exchange stories when I return from my travels over Christmas. Have fun, be safe, and most of all...take LOTS of pictures!! Ha! I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with me! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete