Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Tale of Two Cities

Merida: a place so hot and humid (although I realize this is the cool season and summer's here are nearly unbearable) I couldn't imagine having to march for over 2 hours in
or...

Seattle: a place where it's so gray and rainy ALL of the time, we wouldn't imagine it shutting down the city! Yes my friends, it did downpour for a good 30 minutes or more...now it's just hot and muggy, but the usual Saturday night festivities are, as one local expat said - dead. More than half the stalls at the Noche Mexicana were empty and only a handful of people milling around. As for the "Heart of Merida" festival in the main square, again, by the sounds of what it normally is...it was dead. But I suppose I can't blame them..we may have rain all of the time, but it tends to just be constant, not a torrential downpour as it is here - not to mention I didn't exactly think to pack an umbrella!

Buenas noches todas~

No comments:

Post a Comment