Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Really? On a red-eye?

Ok, this will be my last post in the U.S. and also my last non-pleasant post. I hope the rest to be filled with sun, sand, and great food (and a few margaritas for good measure)!

But...really? On a red-eye. It's bad enough when there are 5 children between the ages of 0-4 who all screamed the entire way (note to Erik: no pulling an Erik, i.e. getting up and moving to a different seat if there are children seated within a 3 booth radius). Now, I can forgive the children, they are just kids after all. But really, the people behind me...who talked the ENTIRE time. at full volume. while EVERYONE else was trying to sleep. I had my iPod turned up as high as it could go and I could still hear every word of their conversation. And what was their conversation about you ask? Oh, just the most appropriate things for a plane ride. Politics, namely how horrible Obama is and how he's ruining everything, and religion- ugh! Thank god I don't see them here waiting to get on my next flight!

Needless to say, I didn't get much, if any, sleep. But alas, that doesn't matter, I'm headed to Mexico and for the next several days I can sleep all I want and truly relax.

Ok, really...my next posts will be full of sunny good things. I promise!

p.s. I broke my 3+ year boycott of Starbucks and am drinking a pumpkin spiced latte right now :( thinking of you Karina! And mom, must not have been Atlanta you were thinking of...I've seen several coffee places.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've gotten off to a great start! Haha! Things can only get better. I can't believe your story about the rats! Gross!! It sounds like something you would read in a magazine when you're checking out in the grocery store. And I HATE loud people on a flight...they must think that everyone else wants to hear what they have to say. Not! Okay...now I want to hear of the great experiences you have in Mexico! (Btw, I love the pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. It's the only time of year I go there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I knew you were in for it with those kids, let alone the parents!

    Where do these people come from, who raised them --- and how did they get a license to procreate?

    ReplyDelete